One of my favorite recipes when I am lazy and wanting to eat healthy is zucchini veggetti. You have probably seen it all over Pinterest if you have searched for Paleo or vegetarian recipes. You just take something like a zucchini or a carrot and stick it through the “veggetti” or spiralizer (whatever you have), to create these long noodle-like ribbons that can be dressed with anything.
The zucchini noodles are dressed in lemon and olive oil and tossed in parsley for an extra summer flavor. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and salt and pepper for extra flavor and it’s the perfect light recipe for when you don’t want to eat something heavy.
This recipe was one I was introduced you about two years ago after I had watched Forks over Knives and was trying to eat more of a plant-based diet. Since then, it has been a staple in my potential dinner list.
Ingredients you will need for Zucchini “Veggetti” with lemon and parsley:
- 1 zucchini
- Cherry tomatoes
- Button mushrooms
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 Lemon
- Olive oil
Instructions to cook:
- Spiralize your zucchini into a bowl
- Squeeze half a lemon over the raw zucchini ribbons and let that sit while you move on to step 3
- Chop your mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, garlic and parsley
- In a skillet, heat up some olive oil and chopped garlic until brown
- Toss in your chopped button mushrooms until brown (don’t crowd your mushrooms)
- Put your chopped tomatoes in the skillet with the mushrooms and garlic and heat up for 2-3 minutes
- Cook the zucchini noodles on medium heat until “al dente” (4-7 minutes) it should be firmer than you would like as it can go from firm to soggy in a matter of seconds
- Toss the veggetti with the juice from the other half of the lemon parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grate some parmesan cheese and serve 🙂
There is actually a whole blog that dedicates its recipes to spiralized veggies. Check out Inspirialized for more recipes using veggie ribbons as your star.